Philanthropy is something that is very important to the Brothers of ZBT. ZBT participates in Greek Philanthropy Events and philanthropy events throughout the DC Community. Our Brothers raise thousands of dollars per year for various charitable and philanthropic organizations. Additionally, ZBT has our own philanthropy week every year called "Get on the Ball". Information about Get on the Ball can be found by clicking here.
Below is a summary of the philanthropy events that our chapter participated in this past year
- Alpha Delta Pi Lion Share- The week of March 21st, the brothers of ZBT participated in Alpha Delta Pi's Lion Share, which benefited the sorority's national philanthropic organization, the Ronald McDonald House. The initial entrance fee was just the tip of the iceberg as we continued donating to the organization through Penny Wars. The week finished off with a volleyball tournament, where ZBT came in fourth place.
- Alpha Epsilon Phi Phi Hoops- On March 30th, Phi Alpha Alpha participated in the Alpha Epsilon Phi Phi Hoops tournament. The philanthropy benefited Sharsheret and Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.
- Alpha Phi Heart Week- From February 7th through February 11th, Phi Alpha Alpha participated in Alpha Phi's Heart Week. The philanthropy week benefited the Alpha Phi Foundation, which directly contributes to grants for cardiac disease research and care. We created Valentine cards for children and other patients suffering from cardiac disease, participated in the Alpha Phi's Dating GameÂ, and played basketball, all in the name of heart health and care!
- Chi Omega Wish Week- Chi Omega's annual Wish Week occurred on March 22nd and March 25th. The philanthropy event benefited the Make-A-Wish Foundation. ZBT participated in a dating game and a football tournament.
- Delta Gamma Anchor Bowl- Phi Alpha Alpha partook in Delta Gamma's Anchor Bowl between the dates of April 24th through April 21st. The organization benefited Service for Sight, which aids children with vision loss. The week conducted of Penny Wars, a Skit Night, and a Football Tournament. ZBT was the first fraternity to raise over $1000, raising a total of $1300. Overall, we came in fourth place.
- Phi Sigma Sigma Sapphire Cup- Phi Sigma Sigma hosted their annual Sapphire Cup from April 4th to April 7th The week benefited the Phi Sigma Sigma Foundation, which supported the National Kidney Foundation. We participated in a non-alcoholic mix-off competition and a soccer tournament.
- Pi Beta Phi Arrowstrike- ZBT participated in Pi Beta Phi's Arrowstrike on March 30th. Funds raised was donated to the Pi Beta Phi Foundation, which uses donations to fund ethical and leadership development and wellness and safety programming. The Phi Alpha Alpha chapter came in first in the wiffleball tournament.
- Sigma Delta Tau Speed Dating- Sigma Delta Tau's Speed Dating Philanthropy event occurred on February 4th to February 10th. . The money raised through benefited their national philanthropy, Prevent Child Abuse America. The night allowed for the Greek community to continue strengthening our bonds.
- Sigma Kappa Sigmalympics- Sigma Kappa's Sigmalympics occurred on April 21st and was an exciting day of Olympic-relatedÂ activities like Jello wrestling, a three-legged race, among other fun events. A part of the entrance fee was donated to the Sigma Kappa Foundation, which has raised funds for Alzheimer's disease prevention and research.
- Kappa Delta Shamrock- Kappa Delta's week long philanthropy helps to raise money to their national philanthropy, Prevent Child Abuse America. This week involves a capture the flag field day where in 2013 we came in 2nd Place Overall!